Slovakia

Slovakia

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 8 + 9 - Sightseeing in Slovakia

On Friday, we left to do some sightseeing.  We saw two castles, one that has been restored and kept up, the other in ruins.  They were both pretty cool.  I liked seeing the torture tools!  I should bring some back to use on my middle school students next year  ;-)  Just kidding!  After viewing the 2 castles, we stopped and saw a Catholic church.  Then, we stayed in a retreat center up in the mountains.  It is used by IN Network for Bible camps, and it was very nice.  Chris and I stayed up playing cribbage with Pavel (our leader) and some other members of the team.  The next day, we went to the Tatra Mountains.  We took a ski lift to the top and then we hiked down.  I got to stand on an old ski jump, the ones used by skiers competing in the Olympic games.  Pretty awesome!  There were some gorgeous views that the camera did not do justice.  It was a nice time to unwind and fellowship with the members of our team.  

The Catholic Church - very beautiful

Josh thinks he could have taken this guy!
Cool castles

Chris from a window view of the castle.
The retreat center we stayed at.
Chris terrified in the ski lift..... she's afraid of heights
Josh at the top of the ski lift.  Quite the view!
The bottom of the ski jump.  Those guys are brave!
The view from the ski jump.
Chris at the top of the mountain.

2 comments:

  1. wow, you went all the way to Kosice! I haven't been there in a while...

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S... no photos of Krasna Horka? We went there in 2006... on my birthday... love that castle!

    ReplyDelete